Research in Environmental Science and Engineering centers around the development of sustainable industrial processes and ecosystems. This involves understanding the behaviour of pollutants in natural environments to improving waste treatment processes to developing green technologies.
Currently, research in the area includes:
- Production of fuel from solid wastes and renewable resources
- Bioremediation and bioaugmentation
- Environmental impact of nuclear facilities
- Transport of pollutants in multi-media environments
- Recovery and recycling of metals